Thursday, June 11, 2009

House Hunting

I started looking at houses. Pretty much the Tacoma area along with some Federal Way, Fife, and Pacific/Algona. There is a lot out there. That is, if you're not picky. I did find a really nice house in E Tacoma.

Here are some pictures:







After some talk about what I could get the house for with some things like the fence being finished all the way around the back yard, I was really excited about buying my first house. Then, one Sunday morning, I receive and email from the realator website informing me that the price had dropped $10,000!! So, I got on the phone and called my agent and let her know I was ready to do it. She said she would draft up the papers and send them to me at work and we'd officially put down an offer. I was very pumped!

So, as I was waiting at work for the papers, I did a little bit of neighborhood research. I went to the Pierce County website and found out that within a half mile radius, there were 25 registered sex offenders...25?!?! I called my agent and promptly cancelled any type of offer that was about to be presented.

No thank you.

Needless to say, back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. Come live out near us!! We live out in Graham, near Meridian and 176th. House prices are great and there aren't lots of sex offendors!!! Just say the word and I will start sending you links to houses... I LOVE doing that! LOL!! In my next life I may be a relator.

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete