Monday, March 30, 2009

National Road Trip - First Leg

Boston, MA to Merrillville, IN.


Not a bad first leg. That is if I don't mention the blizzards (yes, plural), Eric's headlights that were installed wrong so they blinded every trucker we passed causing some of them to swerve at us, and 16 hours in a car catching up on my Hip Hop/R&B/Rap/Dance/Electronica music (sarcasm). Really though, it wasn't too bad.

The coolest/scariest thing was the snow being pushed at ridiculous speeds. Normally, from my experience, when you drive in snow, the snow tends to fall as if it's coming right at you. There is something both frightening and majestic about snow that blows sideways while driving 70mph at midnight.

Here's a list of states and times we entered them (EST):
05:51pm - New York
11:45pm - Pennsylvania
12:50am - Ohio
04:36am - Indiana

We switched driving a few times and after 14.5 hours, we pulled into Janice's house at 6:15pm CST. We were greeted by a almost-ready-for-work Janice and two pre-made beds.

Then as then as the sun started to make it's way over the horizon, it was time for bed.

Now, real quick, I have one thing I need to point out. At dinner, Eric spilled his soda, forcing this old lady to clean it up. Now, I only bring this up because he's been telling his friends that I'm the one who did it. Tsk tsk tsk...




...Hi Liz. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jesse, I love that you are blogging your road trip (I think Shawn is enjoying it too!) It reminds me of when we moved from NY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that stops to visit me have been a part of two recent road trips as well as two road trip blogs. I pretty much feel famous. :-)

    ReplyDelete